ON Animation Studio is taking a journey into the land of creativity and infinite possibilities...into the Playmobil Universe! Lino diSalvo (Frozen, Tangled) is directing our next exciting CG feature film adventure.
Since 2013, ON Animation Studio has produced, developed and created the pipeline and tools used on the films “The Little Prince” (winner of the 2016 César for Best Animated Film) and “Mune”, at Mikros Image Canada's facilities in Montreal. In 2016, we embarked on yet another adventure - operating as a full-fledged independent CG studio in the heart of downtown Montreal, with the commission of a brand new 25.000 sq ft facility!
If you’re a team player with a passion for the quality of your work (and having fun while doing it!) then we definitely want to hear from you. Our team is world class and we're growing!
Manage the day-to-day operation of the production including crew scheduling, production scheduling, and tracking of man weeks. The Production Manager is also responsible for ensuring and maintaining the proper allocation of departmental resources throughout the production schedule.
- Macro schedule work with Producer using budgeted assumptions, breakdown and create a more detailed departmental schedule (with the department APMs if applicable).
- Oversee departments’ output to ensure resources are on target.
- Breakdown story reel to plan for new work to be produced. Schedule out work in partnership with Producer and CG Supervisor as necessary.
- Support Producer in terms of defining specific start dates for new hires. Partner with Producer and Recruiting to ensure start up agendas and packages are prepared for all new hires.
- Update and modify master schedule as required throughout production.
- Oversee the weekly tracking of departments’ quotas.
- Update the file management system as necessary.
- Ensure that the file management and/or tracking system is being used properly.
- Check all data for accuracy and to ensure the project is on track.
- Prepare and distribute weekly production reports to all applicable people.
- Make recommendations for improvements to production and pipeline systems, particularly with respect to scheduling, and flow of information, milestone realization, and resource management.
- Help to achieve and balance creative and operational goals of the project.
- Identify production issues and proactively loopback this information to the producer.
- Manage team of Associate Production Managers and Production Coordinators.
- Provide guidance and support to department Leads and Supervisors.
- Use interpersonal skills to resolve conflicts, promote a collaborative work environment, and foster an environment of cooperation and communication.
- Production Management experience on at least one 3D Animation film
- Minimum 7 years of animation/industry experience.
- Proficient in MS office suites including Excel and Word.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Team player!
- Thorough understanding CG based workflows
- Bilingual (asset)
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority. Thank you to all those who express interest in being a part of the ON Animation Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings, you will be contacted.
The greatest stories come from the greatest talents. Join us at ON Animation Studio!